Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to create an integrated library of all the components found on the source documents of the active project. This command is useful if you want to create and reuse a working library or archive of your finished design. An integrated library is a single file where the schematic symbol library and all referenced models are compiled together and only one file needs to be available to the project or moved when the project is relocated.
The command is accessed from the Schematic Editor or PCB Editor by choosing the Design » Make Integrated Library command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the process of making the integrated library will proceed. This involves:
- Opening all source schematic documents and making a schematic library.
- Making a PCB library from the PCB document.
- Compiling these libraries into an integrated library that is named after the project (<ProjectName>.IntLib).
The IntLib is added to the project (under Libraries\Compiled Libraries in the Projects panel) and added to the Installed libraries.
- If components are found to have the same library reference but different internal structure, the Duplicated Components dialog will open. Use this dialog to specify how to handle such components - either processing the first instance and ignoring all others, processing all components and giving them unique names, or aborting creation of the library.
- The Messages panel will list any issues encountered when generating the IntLib, for example, linked models that could not be found.