Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place the current contents of the SimData Editor's internal clipboard into a new, or existing wave plot of the current chart, in the Waveform Analysis window.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Paste command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the SimView Standard toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+V (or Shift+Insert) keyboard shortcut.
The waveform on the clipboard can be pasted either into an existing wave plot, or into a new wave plot. To paste into an existing wave plot of the current chart, make sure the required wave plot is active and then launch the command. A wave plot is made active by clicking anywhere within the wave plot area.
If none of the existing wave plots are made active before launching the command, then the clipboard content will be pasted into a new wave plot, inserted after the last wave plot in the chart.
- When pasting into an existing wave plot, the wave plot can be empty, or can contain waveforms.
- If the previous copy/cut command resulted in an entire wave plot being placed on the clipboard, then pasting will place this content as a new wave plot, after the last wave plot in the chart.
- The content of the clipboard can only be pasted once.
- If, after pasting, you wish to move a waveform from one wave plot to another, simply click on the waveform name and drag to the name area of the required wave plot. If you wish to view a waveform in its own wave plot, simply click on the waveform name and drag to either an existing blank wave plot, or to a point beyond the last wave plot in the chart, whereby a new wave plot will be created.
- If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to All in the Document Options dialog (Tools » Document Options), the active wave plot is distinguished by a black solid line around its waveform name section. If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to 1, 2, 3, or 4, the active wave plot is distinguished by a black arrow at the left hand side of its display area.
- If pasting between charts of the same .sdf document, or between charts of different .sdf documents, the pasted waveform may, at first sight, look incorrect. This may be due to the time base (X-axis) being different between source and destination charts.
- Altium NEXUS does not use the Windows clipboard for normal copy and cut operations in .sdf documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal SimData Editor clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by the editors of other servers. You can only cut, copy and paste between, or within, .sdf documents.