Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place the current contents of the SimData Editor's internal clipboard into a new or existing wave plot of the current chart in the Waveform Analysis window.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor in the following ways:
- Choose the Edit » Paste command from the main menus.
- Click the button on the SimView Standard toolbar.
- Use the Ctrl+V (or Shift+Insert) keyboard shortcut.
The waveform on the clipboard can be pasted either into an existing wave plot or into a new wave plot. To paste into an existing wave plot of the current chart, ensure the required wave plot is active then launch the command. A wave plot is made active by clicking anywhere within the wave plot area.
If none of the existing wave plots are made active before launching the command, the clipboard content will be pasted into a new wave plot, inserted after the last wave plot in the chart.
- When pasting into an existing wave plot, the wave plot can be empty or contain waveforms.
- If the previous copy/cut command resulted in an entire wave plot being placed on the clipboard, pasting will place this content as a new wave plot after the last wave plot in the chart.
- The content of the clipboard can only be pasted once.
- If, after pasting, you want to move a waveform from one wave plot to another, click on the waveform name and drag it to the name area of the required wave plot. If you want to view a waveform in its own wave plot, click on the waveform name and drag it to either an existing blank wave plot or to a point beyond the last wave plot in the chart where a new wave plot will be created.
- If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to All in the Document Options dialog (Tools » Document Options), the active wave plot is distinguished by a black solid line around its waveform name section. If the Number of Plots Visible option is set to 1, 2, 3, or 4, the active wave plot is distinguished by a black arrow at the left-hand side of its display area.
- If pasting between charts of the same *.sdf document or between charts of different *.sdf documents, the pasted waveform might, at first sight, look incorrect. This may be due to the time base (X-axis) being different between source and destination charts.
- Altium NEXUS does not use the Windows clipboard for normal copy and cut operations in *.sdf documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal SimData Editor clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by the editors of other servers. You can only cut, copy and paste between or within *.sdf documents.