Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to export data from the current document in ODB++ format.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the File » Export » ODB++ command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Import/Export Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the Write ODB++ dialog will appear. Use this dialog to define where the exported data is to be stored. By default, the data folder that is generated will take the name job. The folder can be renamed by clicking within the name field and modifying the name as required.
With name and storage location defined as required, click OK to generate the output.
- The ODB++ format uses a standard file system structure. A job in ODB++ is represented by a self standing directory tree, which means the job tree can be transferred between computer systems without loss of data. All files in ODB++ are readable ASCII files.
- A database job is a single folder, composed of the following sub-folders: fonts, input, matrix, misc, steps, symbols, and user.
- The steps folder contains a collection of layers - physical board layers, mask layers, NC drill, etc, and a collection of netlists.
- The symbols folder has single layer graphic entities which can be referenced from within any graphical layer in a step.
- The matrix folder has definitions of the physical order of the layers, and the relation of drill layers (through, blind, buried etc).
- If saving a job with the same name and in the same location as an existing job, the existing job data will be overwritten without warning.