Board Layout Software to Handle the Toughest Design Challenges
You need circuit board layout software with the power and versatility that is up to the challenges of today’s PCB designs.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use PCB design tool for professional use.
You’ve got a job to do, and that job is to lay out a printed circuit board design. A lot has gone on around you to get to this point, but now the ball’s in your court and it’s up to you to get the job done. You don’t need a lot of sleek talk from people who will never be sitting in your chair, what you need instead is software that won’t let you down. You need tools to help you organize your design and then move it on into layout. You need to be able to easily set up design rules that will allow you to place and route components with confidence. You need to be able to depend on the latest generation of routing tools that will help you to finish your design ahead of schedule. You need advanced functionality that will allow you to work with multiple boards together in the same assembly, and you need to be able to verify your design for power distribution and signal integrity. What you need is Altium Designer 18.
There’s a lot of software out there to help you make your board. These range from free trial offers to ultra-expensive tools and they all promote different layout functionality. The first thing that you need before you can even get your design into layout is to capture the schematic and prepare the components for layout. Altium Designer 18 is ready to help with a combination of tools that are designed to work together in the same unified design environment. You won’t have to worry about expensive and time-consuming operations to synchronize your schematic with your bill of materials and then finally with your layout. With Altium Designer 18, all of these functions are designed to work together to give you the most efficient design system possible to start laying out your board.
Design Tools that Work Together to Get Your Design Through Layout
Altium Designer 18 designs your entire circuit board from start to finish with an assortment of tools that are designed to work together in the same design environment. Have you considered having every tool you need within the same design environment?
- Altium’s powerful schematic editor will create any design that you need to get into layout, including hierarchical designs.
Learn More about schematic design in Altium Designer.
- Finding and working with PCB components inside of your design database is easy with Altium’s bill of materials management tool ActiveBOM.
Learn More about Altium’s powerful bill of materials management with ActiveBom.
- Altium’s unified design environment provides you with a total design solution from schematic capture to final manufacturing output files.
Learn More about Altium’s total solution for your entire PCB design.
Altium Designer 18 provides you with a full design solution all in a unified design environment
When you are in layout and on a deadline, you can’t afford for your design software to only give you partial performance. You need a powerful printed circuit board layout tool that will be able to handle the challenges that inevitably arise in any of your designs. Altium Designer 18 is that tool. Whether you are setting up a complete range of design rules to drive compliance in your design, routing with the industry’s latest routing technology, or working in a 3D environment in collaboration with mechanical design, Altium has got you covered. Everything you need and more to ensure the success of your layout is built into Altium Designer 18.
Layout Software with a Full Range of Functionality to Get the Job Done
Altium Designer 18 is a complete set of layout tools created to handle the difficult design PCB design challenges that you face. How do you know what design software tools you need?
- With the design rules that you can set up in Altium Designer 18, you will be able to design in confidence knowing that your design will be in compliance with your standards.
Learn More about rules-driven design in Altium Designer.
- Active Route will give your designs the appearance of hand routed precision while giving you the speed of an autorouter.
Learn More about Altium Designer’s Active Route.
- With mechanical compliance being such a critical part of today’s designs, Altium’s 3D environment and MCAD collaboration will give you the advantage. Learn More about ECAD to MCAD collaboration in Altium Designer.
Altium’s wide range of functionality, including 3D, gives you the power to get the job done
As you know, place and route is only part of the job when laying out a printed circuit board. To make sure that your PCB layout will quickly get through design as efficiently as possible, there are several other tasks that you need to perform as well. You need to confirm that your power delivery network is designed correctly so that you can avoid costly prototype builds to work out PDN problems. You also need to verify the design’s signal integrity, and you need to be able to design multiple system boards together in order to match up their form fit and function. Altium Designer 18 gives you the functionality to do all of this, and it is all part of the total Altium PCB design solution.
Tools to Help You Design Beyond Place and Route
There’s more to designing a printed circuit board than place & route, and Altium provides you with the tools you need to complete your entire design. Have you considered incorporating smart simulation into your design workflow?
- A correctly designed power delivery network on your PCB will help you to avoid multiple prototype builds, Altium’s PDN Analyzer is what you need to design it right the first time.
Learn More about Altium's power delivery network analyzer.
- Verify your design with Altium’s signal integrity tools before you commit time and money to prototype builds.
Learn More about Altium’s signal integrity analysis tools.
- There’s no need to use paper mock-ups or expensive prototype builds when Altium Designer 18 will allow you to pull multiple boards into a 3D assembly to verify form fit and function.
Learn More about Altium’s multi-board assembly.
When it’s up to you to get the job of PCB layout done, then make sure that you have the board layout software that you need. Altium Designer 18 has the power and functionality to exceed all of your expectations for even your most challenging PCB designs.