Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to run the Customizing Editor dialog, for the Editor associated with the active document. From here, you can edit the resources available for the editor, or add your own customized new ones.
This command can be accessed from any editor, by:
- Choosing the View » Toolbars » Customize command from the main menus.
- Double-clicking in free space of the main menu/toolbar area.
- Right-clicking in the main menu/toolbar area, and choosing the Customize command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Customizing Editor dialog will appear. The dialog lists all default commands that are available for that editor (from menus, toolbars, shortcuts) and all bars that are currently defined.
Use the dialog to edit existing default commands, or create customized new ones. Also define which bar is to be used as the main menu bar, which is to be used as the shortcut table, and which of the toolbars - default and customized - are to be made active by default when opening any document associated to that editor.
- You cannot delete any of the default commands or bars that have been defined for an Editor.
- Behind each resource item, such as a toolbar icon or menu item, there is a pre-packaged process launcher that activates a command when its resource item is selected. The pre-packaged process launchers bundle together the process that runs when the command is selected, plus any parameters, bitmaps (icons), captions (the name of an item that displays on a resource), descriptions and associated shortcut keys. If a process launcher is modified, every linked instance of the command on any bar will be updated.
- When the Customizing dialog is open, you can click and drag commands around between the active menus and toolbars.
- Customizations are stored in the file \Users\<ProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\Altium\Altium NEXUS <GUID>\DXP.rcs (for a default installation of the software).