Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place an Image object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf).
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Graphic command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Graphic command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the entry on the Graphical Tools drop-down () of the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Graphic command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter image placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click to anchor the starting point (first corner) of the image's frame, in which the image itself will reside.
- Move the cursor to adjust the size of the frame and click to anchor the opposite vertex, thereby completing frame placement.
- The Open dialog will appear, from where you can browse to and select the required image. Select the file you wish to insert and press the Open button to complete image placement.
- The following image formats are supported: *.png, *.jpeg, *.jpg, *.jpe, *.jfif, *.gif, *.bmp.
- Placement will observe snapping options for the document, if enabled. Snapping can be defined in the General section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
- An image can be graphically modified after placement. Click on it to select it - editing handles will appear at its four corners. Click and drag a handle to resize the image frame. Click on it - away from editing handles - and drag to move to a different location within the current sheet.
- Most aspects of a placed image are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed image to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the image to access it.
- To retain the image's original aspect ratio, ensure that the Maintain Aspect Ratio option is enabled as part of the object's properties. When this option is enabled, the image frame will be scaled to fit the image optimally, while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the image. If the option is disabled, the image is stretched to fit exactly into the drawn frame size.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.