Applied Parameters: ObjectKind=FocusedProject
This command is used to access a dialog with which to define sharing permissions for the active, or focused Managed Project. This allows you to control sharing directly from within Altium NEXUS, without the need to navigate to the project and set Share permissions from the Projects page of the Altium Vault's browser interface. Managed Projects target the development stage of the project lifecycle, simplifying the creation and ongoing workflow for version controlled projects. The beauty of Managed Projects is that they are version controlled by default, and can be collaboratively worked upon without having to worry about shared drives, servers, agreements etc.
This command can be accessed for the active project, or a focused project:
- Active project - with a source document for the project open as the active document, choose the Project » Configure Project Access command, from the main menus.
- Focused project - access is made from the Projects panel by:
- Right-clicking on the entry for the required project and choosing the Configure Project Access command, from the context menu.
- Clicking to focus the required project, then clicking the Project button and choosing the Configure Project Access command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Permissions dialog will appear. By default, the project will be shared with:
- You (the owner/creator).
- The Administrators role.
- Publicly - denoted by the presence of the Public entity in the ID listing. This means that all users of the vault in your organization can work on the project.
Use the available controls to setup sharing permissions as you need them. To set up specific users and/or roles, first select then remove the Public entity. You can then add a user or role as required by clicking Add User or Add Role. Use the Search For Users dialog, or Search For Role dialog to find the required user or role respectively.
- If you want to return to having the project shared publicly, simply click Add Public. Defined users/roles can remain without any effect or removed if desired.