Modified by Susan Riege on Mar 1, 2018
The Aperture dialog
The Aperture dialog provides controls to set up the required aperture information for the design.
The dialog is accessed by performing the following steps:
- In the Apertures tab of the Gerber Setup dialog, disable the Embedded apertures (RS274X) option.
- Click the New button under the Apertures List region.
- Click OK in the resulting DCode dialog.
- X Size - specify the X size for the aperture.
- Y Size - specify the Y size for the aperture.
- Corner Radius - specify the corner radius of the aperture. This option is only available when Rounded Rectangle is selected for Shape.
- Hole Size - specify the hole size for the aperture.
- Shape - use the drop-down to select the shape for aperture. Options include: Rounded, Rectangle, Octagonal, Rounded Rectangle, and Relief.
- Use For - use the drop-down to select the purpose of the aperture. Options include: Anything, Drawing and Flashing.
- Rotation - specify the rotation angle of the aperture.
- X Offset - specify the offset in X direction. This option is not available if Relief is selected for Shape.
- Y Offset - specify the offset in Y direction. This option is not available if Relief is selected for Shape.
- The following entries are avaliable only when Relief is selected for Shape:
- Relief Width - specify the width of the relief connection.
- Relief Gap - specify the width of each air gap in the relief connection.
- Hole Type - use the drop-down to select the hole type. Options include: Round, Square and Slot.
- Relief Entries - select 2 or 4 for the number of relief entries to be applied to the aperture.
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.