Created: September 28, 2017 | Updated: March 1, 2018
The Aperture dialog
The Aperture dialog provides controls to set up the required aperture information for the design.
The dialog is accessed by performing the following steps:
- In the Apertures tab of the Gerber Setup dialog, disable the Embedded apertures (RS274X) option.
- Click the New button under the Apertures List region.
- Click OK in the resulting DCode dialog.
- X Size - specify the X size for the aperture.
- Y Size - specify the Y size for the aperture.
- Corner Radius - specify the corner radius of the aperture. This option is only available when Rounded Rectangle is selected for Shape.
- Hole Size - specify the hole size for the aperture.
- Shape - use the drop-down to select the shape for aperture. Options include: Rounded, Rectangle, Octagonal, Rounded Rectangle, and Relief.
- Use For - use the drop-down to select the purpose of the aperture. Options include: Anything, Drawing and Flashing.
- Rotation - specify the rotation angle of the aperture.
- X Offset - specify the offset in X direction. This option is not available if Relief is selected for Shape.
- Y Offset - specify the offset in Y direction. This option is not available if Relief is selected for Shape.
- The following entries are avaliable only when Relief is selected for Shape:
- Relief Width - specify the width of the relief connection.
- Relief Gap - specify the width of each air gap in the relief connection.
- Hole Type - use the drop-down to select the hole type. Options include: Round, Square and Slot.
- Relief Entries - select 2 or 4 for the number of relief entries to be applied to the aperture.
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.