Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to import AutoCAD .dwg and .dxf files into the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the File » Import » DXF/DWG command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Import/Export Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the Open AutoCAD DXF/DWG File dialog will appear. Browse to, and open, the AutoCAD file that you wish to import - the DXF/DWG Import Wizard dialog appears. Use the dialog to select the type of file you are importing. The available types are:
- Standard PCB (Double Sided, etc)
- Microwave RF or Flex PCB
- Chemical Milling or LCD Displays
- Fab Drawings, Silkscreen Panels, or Mill/Rout (default)
You can also define the measurement units to apply, and whether TrueType fonts should be filled.
After clicking OK, the nominated file will be imported into the current document.
- When customizing AutoCAD file import, you can save or load import settings from the Import DXF/DWG dialog. The settings are stored in a CAMtastic DXF Settings file (*.cds).
- DXF versions supported for import: R12, R13. DWG versions supported for import: R13, R14, 2000.