The New Library dialog provides the flow to create a new Workspace library component, component template, footprint, or symbol, or for creating an older generation library (database or file-based).
The dialog is accessed by choosing File » New » Library from the main menus.
Select the desired type of library you want to create in the LIBRARY TYPE region. Information for each library type can be accessed by expanding the respective section below.
- Workspace Library - this region lists elements and the many benefits of using a Workspace library. Click Learn more to access information about managing components in a Workspace.
- Import Library - use this button to open a File Explorer dialog in which you can browse to and open a pre-existing library to import into Altium Designer. The Library Importer opens in which you can configure and complete the import.
- Create Library Content - choose the required library content from the drop-down.
- Database Library - this region lists what is included in a database library. Click Learn more to access information about database libraries in Altium Designer.
- Selector - choose the desired database type. The text below the selector describes what each type can be used for.
- Simple File-based Library - click Learn more to access information about file-based libraries in Altium Designer.
- Selector - choose the desired file-based library type. The text below the selector describes what each library type contains.