Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear the selected object(s) from the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf), and copy them to the PcbDrawing Editor's clipboard.
With at least one object selected, this command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Cut command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the Drawing Document Standard toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Cut command from the context menu.
First, ensure that all objects that you wish to include in the cut are selected in the main workspace.
After launching the command, the selected object(s) will be copied to the PcbDrawing Editor's clipboard, and removed from the active Draftsman document.
- Use standard Shift+click to select multiple objects.
- The software does not use the Windows clipboard for normal cut operations in Draftsman documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal Draftsman clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by any other editors in the software. You can only cut and paste between, or within, Draftsman documents.