Applied Parameters: Action=CenterHorizontal
This command enables you to place selected objects in a single column, aligned by their horizontal centers.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor, and Schematic Library Editor, by:
- Choosing the Edit » Align » Align Horizontal Centers command, from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Align Horizontal Centers command () on the Active Bar.
If the command has been recently used from the Active Bar, it will become the active/visible button. Where other commands are available, this is indicated by a triangle at the bottom-right corner of the button. Click and hold on the active button to access a menu of all associated commands for that grouping.
In the Schematic Editor, the command can also be accessed by clicking the
button on the Alignment Tools
) of the Utilities
First, ensure that all objects you wish to involve in the alignment are selected in the main design workspace.
After launching the command, the objects in the selection will be moved horizontally to form a single column, aligned by their horizontal centers. The vertical center line for the column is the mid-point between the left-most and right-most objects in the selection.
- Objects will be moved horizontally, regardless of their position with respect to the reference. It is possible to end up with partial or total overlap of objects.
- Locked objects will be moved.
- Connectivity is not preserved during alignment.