Applied Parameters: Action=MultipleObjects
This command is used to drag chosen placed electrical objects (not simultaneously) in the current document, while maintaining connectivity with other electrical objects.
This command is accessed from the Schematic Editor by choosing the Edit » Move » Drag command, from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will be prompted to choose an object to drag. Simply position the cursor over the electrical object that you wish to drag and click, or press Enter. The object will appear floating on the cursor. Simply position the object at its required new location and click, or press Enter, to effect placement.
Continue to select other objects to drag, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
The following additional actions can be performed while dragging the object:
- Press the Spacebar (or Shift+Spacebar) to change the wiring mode for any connected wires, buses, or signal harnesses.
- Press Ctrl+Spacebar to rotate the object anti-clockwise and in steps of 90°. Press Shift+Ctrl+Spacebar to rotate the object clockwise.
- Press the X or Y keys to flip the object along the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
- Hold the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on the initial direction of movement.
- If the object is locked, a dialog will appear, asking you to confirm that you wish to continue - click Yes to do so.
- The wiring mode for connected wiring can only be changed provided the Drag Orthogonal option is enabled, on the Schematic - General page of the Preferences dialog. The default mode is to keep wiring at 90 Degree angles. If this option is disabled, not only can the wiring mode not be cycled, the connected wiring will be repositioned obliquely.