Applied Parameters: StartAngle=0|EndAngle=360|Repeat=True
This command is used to place a Full Circle Arc object onto the active document. An arc is a non-electrical drawing primitive. It is essentially a curved line segment which can be used when, for example, creating graphical symbols, custom sheet borders and title blocks.
For detailed information about this object type, see Arc
Full Circle Arcs are available for placement in both Schematic and Schematic Library Editors:
- Schematic Editor - the following commands are available:
- Choose Place » Drawing Tools » Full Circle from the main menus, to place a full circle arc, where start and end angles are fixed at 0 and 360 Degrees respectively..
- Right-click and choose Place » Drawing Tools » Full Circle from the context menu.
- Schematic Library Editor - the following commands are available:
- Choose Place » Full Circle from the main menus, to place a full circle arc, where start and end angles are fixed at 0 and 360 Degrees respectively.
- Right-click and choose Place » Full Circle from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter arc placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click or press Enter to anchor the center point of the arc.
- Move the cursor to adjust the radius of the arc, then click or press Enter to set it.
- Continue placing further arcs, or right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement – while the arc is still floating on the cursor, and before the center point of the arc is anchored – are:
- Press the Tab key to access the Arc dialog, from where properties for the arc can be changed on-the-fly.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on the initial direction of movement.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the arc anti-clockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in steps of 90°.
- Press the X or Y keys to mirror the arc along the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
- For information on how a placed arc object can be modified graphically, directly in the workspace, see Graphical Editing.
- While attributes can be modified during placement (Tab to bring up associated properties dialog), bear in mind that these will become the default settings for further placement unless the Permanent option on the Schematic – Default Primitives page of the Preferences dialog is enabled. When this option is enabled, changes made will affect only the object being placed and subsequent objects placed during the same placement session.