Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Pie Chart object onto the active document. A pie chart is a non-electrical drawing primitive. It is a circular sector graphic element that can be placed on a schematic sheet. It can be filled or unfilled.
Lines are available for placement in both Schematic and Schematic Library Editors:
- Schematic Editor - the following commands are available:
- Choose Place » Drawing Tools » Pie Chart from the main menus.
- Click the button on the Utility Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Right-click in the workspace and choose Place » Drawing Tools » Pie Chart from the context menu.
- Schematic Library Editor - the following commands are available:
- Choose Place » Pie Chart from the main menus.
- Right-click in the workspace and choose Place » Pie Chart from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter pie chart placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click or press Enter to anchor the center point of the pie chart.
- Move the cursor to adjust the radius of the pie chart, then click or press Enter to set it.
- Move the cursor to adjust the start point of the segment, then click or press Enter to anchor it.
- Move the cursor to change the position of the segment's end point, then click or press Enter to anchor it and complete placement of the pie chart.
- Continue placing further pie charts, or right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement – while the pie chart is still floating on the cursor, and before the center point of the is anchored – are:
- Press the Tab key to access the Pie Chart dialog, from where properties for the pie chart can be changed on-the-fly.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on the initial direction of movement.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the pie chart anti-clockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in steps of 90°.
- Press the X or Y keys to mirror the pie chart along the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
- For information on how a placed pie chart object can be modified graphically, directly in the workspace, see Graphical Editing.
- While attributes can be modified during placement (Tab to bring up associated properties dialog), bear in mind that these will become the default settings for further placement unless the Permanent option on the Schematic – Default Primitives page of the Preferences dialog is enabled. When this option is enabled, changes made will affect only the object being placed and subsequent objects placed during the same placement session.