Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to reset (regenerate) unique IDs for component and sheet symbol objects. It allows you to correct a number of duplicate or missing Unique IDs in a single process.
This command is accessed from the Schematic Editor by choosing the Tools » Convert » Reset Component Unique IDs command, from the main menus.
After launching the command, the Reset Part / Sheet Symbol Unique IDs dialog will appear. This dialog can be used to perform one of two processes:
- Reset Duplicates - duplicate UIDs are detected within the design and corrected by resetting (regenerating) the UID value for the offending objects.
- Reset All Component Unique IDs - the UIDs for all parts and sheet symbols are reset (regenerated), regardless of whether they are duplicated or not. In addition, if any other object types possessing Unique IDs are detected to be duplicated, the offending objects will also have their Unique IDs reset (regenerated).
The process is performed in accordance with the specified document scope - the command can be applied to the active schematic, all schematics documents in the active project, or all open schematics (irrespective of the project to which they belong).
- To regenerate (reset) a UID for an individual object, click the Reset button associated with the Unique Id field in the object’s Properties dialog.
- With the exception of component UniqueIDs, duplicate UIDs are now automatically detected and corrected when a Schematic document is loaded in Altium Designer, thereby removing the need for user intervention. The detection/correction process works through all UIDs in the design, including Set Parameters and parameter additions to Ports, Nets Labels, Directives, Sheets and so on. This correction is important for Parameter UIDs in particular, where duplicate UIDs can cause obscure Rule misbehavior and annotation errors in projects with Variants. Automated UID correction removes the need for designers to track down duplicated UIDs that may not be detected by schematic compilation.
- When any of the corrective measures have been applied to resolve duplicate UniqueIDs – individual, multiple or automated UID changes – the related Schematic-to-PCB links need be reinstated to maintain design connectivity. This is performed using the Edit Component Links dialog (Project » Component Links), accessed from within the PCB Editor.