Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear the selected waveform from the Waveform Analysis window and copy it to the SimData Editor's internal clipboard.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor in the following ways:
- Choose the Edit » Cut command from the main menus.
- Click the button on the SimView Standard toolbar.
- Use the Ctrl+X (or Shift+Delete) keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that the waveform you want to cut is selected. This is achieved by clicking on the waveform name (a selected waveform will become bolder in color and have a dot to the left of its name). Launch the command; the selection will be removed from the document and copied to the clipboard.
- If no waveform is selected, the active wave plot (and all waveforms therein) will be cut.
- When a waveform is selected, filtering is applied using the name of the waveform as the scope. All other waveforms in the active chart with different names will be masked (becoming dim). The extent of the masking (how dim the non-selected waveforms become) can be controlled through the use of the Mask Level slider bar accessed by clicking the Mask Level button located at the bottom-right of the Waveform Analysis window. If more than one waveform of the same name exists in the active chart, the non-selected instances will remain fully visible.
- Altium Designer does not use the Windows clipboard for normal cut operations in *.sdf documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal SimData Editor clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by the editors of other servers. You can only cut and paste between or within *.sdf documents.
- If you want to copy the active chart as a metafile for use in other applications such as MS Word, use the Copy To Clip command.