Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to import waveform source data that is stored in a .csv file into the active chart of the current document.
This command is accessed from the SimData Editor by choosing the File » Import command from the main menus.
First, ensure that the chart that you want to import waveform data into is made active in the Waveform Analysis window. This is achieved by clicking on the required analysis tab at the bottom of the window.
After launching the command, the File Explorer dialog opens in which you can locate the required .csv file that contains the waveform source data that you want to import. After clicking Open, the Import Data wizard opens. The wizard provides the following pages that collectively gather the information required to effectively import the waveform data into the active chart:
- Delimeter - use this page to choose the delimiter that is used for the data stored in the waveform file.
- Waveform Data - use this page to specify the type of waveform data to be imported, either Plot Data (Real values only), or Complex Data (Real and Imaginary values).
- Invalid Waveforms - this page opens if the Wizard detects any existing waveforms available for use in the active chart whose names are the same as those to be imported. Invalid Waveforms will not be imported. To import a waveform in the file, you must rename it. Click on the name field and change the name accordingly. The waveform will then be moved to the Valid Waveforms region.
After defining the options and correcting any waveform names if required, click Finish. The waveform(s) is(are) imported and made available for use in the chart through the Source Data dialog (Chart » Source Data) and the Add Wave to Plot dialog (Wave » Add Wave).
- The content of a .csv file can vary depending on the data that was originally exported and can range from a single signal waveform, multiple waveforms that were contained in a wave plot, or the entire set of available source signals associated with a particular chart.
- The available source waveforms for use in an active analysis chart are also listed in the Source Data region of the Sim Data panel.