Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to create and add a new chart to the current .sdf file.
This command can be accessed from the SimData Editor by:
- Choosing the Chart » New Chart command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the SimView toolbar.
After launching the command, the Create New Chart dialog appears. Use the dialog to define a name and title for the chart, and also the title and units for the X-axis. You can also specify whether or not complex data can be displayed in the chart.
After setting up the options in the dialog as required, clicking OK will effect creation and the new, blank chart, will appear as the active chart in the Waveform Analysis window.
- The new chart will be added after the last chart in the document, and its tab will contain the string entered in the Name field of the Create New Chart dialog.
- You can also determine the cursor measurements to be displayed under a parent plot, through options available on the dialog's Cursors tab.
- The SimData Editor's Waveform Analysis window comprises one or more tabs that correspond to the different simulation analyses performed. Each tab contains a chart that can contain multiple wave plots. A wave plot can have multiple waveforms and a waveform represents simulation data collected from a specific point, or node, in a design.