Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to connect two entries between two modules on the active Multi-board Schematic document (*.MbsDoc), using a Wire. A wire is a physical connection, providing a conduit for a single signal between two boards in a multi-board system, and whereby that wire is attached directly into a connector on each of those boards. Although placing a single wire on the document, in reality a series of wires will be used, in accordance with the number of signals/pins being connected between the connectors of the two boards.
This command can be accessed from the Multi-board Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Wire command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Wire command () on the Active Bar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Wire command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter wire placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor over the source entry's connection point (the orange circle) and click to anchor the starting point for the wire. When the cursor is hovered over an entry's connection point, that point will turn green to indicate a valid starting (or ending) point.
- Position the cursor and click to anchor a series of vertex points that define the path of the wire, as required.
- Position the cursor over destination entry's connection point (the orange circle) and click to anchor the finishing point for the wire.
- Continue placing further wires between additional module entry pairs, or right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode.
- After placement, the wire object will be given a designator of its own, as well as mated part designators displayed at either end, in the form <TargetModuleDesignator>-<TargetEntryDesignator>.
- Most aspects of a placed wire are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed wire to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the wire to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Multi-board Schematic - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.