Schematic - Default Primitives
Modified by Jason Howie on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: Schematic Preferences
The Schematic - Default Primitives page of the Preferences dialog.
The Schematic – Default Primitives page of the Preferences dialog provides controls and information related to primitives in the schematic.
The Schematic – Default Primitives page is part of the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences) and is accessed by clicking the Default Primitives entry under the Schematic folder, in the left-hand pane of the dialog.
- Primitive List - use this field to effectively filter the presented listing of primitives. Choose from: All, Wiring Objects, Drawing Objects, Sheet Symbol Objects, Harness Objects, Finite State Machine Objects, Library Objects, and Other.
- Primitives - This is a list of primitives that can be used on a schematic sheet (filtered in accordance with the chosen entry for the Primitive List field above). Select a primitive and click the Edit Values button to define the default values for that primitive type.
- Save As - Click this button to save a default primitive file with a *.dft extension. The values for the specified primitive or list of primitives are saved and can be re-used in the future.
- Load - Click this button to load a default primitive file (*.dft) that has default values. Every time you place a object on a schematic sheet, this object initially has default values.
- Reset All - Click this button to reset all object default values.
- Permanent - Enable this option and while changing field values are possible through pressing the TAB key, the default values are not updated and the changes only apply to the placed primitive.
- Edit Values - Click this button to change the default values for the highlighted primitive in Mils unit.
- Reset - Click this button to reset all values in Mils for this highlighted primitive.
- Reset All - Click this button to reset all object's values in Mils.
- Edit Values - Click this button to change the default values for the highlighted primitive in MMs unit.
- Reset - Click this button to reset all values in MMs for this highlighted primitive.
- Reset All - Click this button to reset all object's values in MMs.
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.