Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to access the Extensions & Updates view. From here, additional software functionality, provided through optional extensions, can be browsed, installed and managed. The view also reflects the current state of the Altium NEXUS platform itself, with controls available to modify the core features and functionality installed with the platform, and also to update the platform to the next version of Altium NEXUS, as and when it becomes available.
This command is accessed in the following ways:
- From the Schematic Editor, Schematic Library Editor, PCB Editor, and PCB Library Editor, by choosing the File » Import » Add Importer command from the main menus.
- From the Schematic Editor, Schematic Library Editor, PCB Editor, and PCB Library Editor, by choosing the File » Export » Add Exporter command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, at the top-right of the main application window, then choosing the Extensions and Updates entry from the associated menu.
After launching the command, the Extensions & Updates view will be opened as the active document view in the main design window. Use this view to look for additional functionality in the following two places of the view:
- Configure Platform Page - from the Installed page of the view, click the button at the top-right to access the Configure Platform page. Scroll to, and enable the entry for, additional functionality you require. Then scroll back to the top of the page and click the button.
- Purchased Page - browse the Software Extensions region of this page of the view for any available extensions. By default, only extensions that have not yet been added to your installation are presented. To install an extension, simply hover over its entry, then click the control at the top-right.
You will need to restart Altium NEXUS for the change to take effect. You can decline this until you have enabled/installed all additional functionality you require, then restart the software. Any interface elements and other resources that come as part of an extension will then be available within the main user interface, and from the editor in which the chosen functionality applies.
- For detailed information about the role and use of extensions, see Extending Altium NEXUS.