Applied Parameters: Scope=TouchingRectangle
This feature is used to select any design objects that are touched by a user-defined rectangle on the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf).
The command is accessed from the Draftsman editor in the following ways:
- Click Edit » Select » Touching Rectangle from the main menus.
- Click within the workspace (away from objects) then holding and dragging (right-to-left) to define the selection area.
- Press S in the main design window to access the Selection pop-up menu then choose the Touching Rectangle command.
All objects that fall completely inside this defined area will become selected.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will be prompted to select the first corner of the selection rectangle. Click to anchor the first corner and hold the mouse button then drag the cursor to set the rectangle area. All objects that fall inside this defined area or are touched by its boundary will become selected.
Smart Drag Selection
The Draftsman editor supports drag-to-select functionality directly within the workspace. How the feature behaves and what gets selected depends on the direction in which you drag the selection rectangle:
- Drag the selection window from left-to-right - all objects that fall completely within the bounds of the selection area will be selected. This behavior is the same as using the Edit » Select » Inside Area command.
- Drag the selection window from right-to-left - all objects that fall inside the selection area or are touched by its boundary will be selected. This behavior is the same as using the Edit » Select » Touching Rectangle command.