Applied Parameters: ObjectKind=CreateProjectsFromPath
This command is used to create one or more Altium NEXUS projects based on documents that are found in the folder(s) along a specified search path.
This command can be accessed from any editor by:
- Clicking the Workspace button in the Projects panel, then choosing the Create Projects from Path command, from the context menu.
- Choosing the Project » Design Workspace » Create Projects from Path command, from the main menus (requires a project document to be open).
After launching the command, the Browse for Folder dialog will appear. Browse to the required folder which contains the document(s) you wish to create a project from. After clicking OK a confirmation dialog will appear, asking whether or not you want to include sub-folders in the search. Answer as required - the folder(s) found along the path, and containing appropriate documents (e.g. schematic documents, PCB documents, library documents), will have a project created based on the folder name. A Design Workspace will also be created using the name of the top-level folder for the specified search path. This can be seen in the entry of the top field in the Projects panel.
The type of project created will depend on the document(s) contained in a folder, but is generally one of the following:
- PCB project (*.PrjPcb) - created if a folder contains one or more schematic, PCB, or PCB library documents, or any combination of these three. If schematic library documents exist alongside schematic and/or PCB documents, they will also be included in the project.
- Integrated Library Package (*.LibPkg) - created if a folder contains one or more schematic library documents only, or a mixture of schematic and PCB library documents (only the schematic libraries will be taken into the project).
For example, consider two folders found along a specified path - one a sub-folder of the other - named Folder A and Folder B respectively:
Say Folder A contains one or more schematic documents and a PCB document, and Folder B contains a single schematic library document.
This command will create:
- The Design Workspace Folder A.DsnWrk
- A PCB project, from the schematics and PCB in Folder A. The name of the project will be Folder A.PrjPcb.
- An Integrated Library Package, from the schematic library document in Folder B. The name of the project will be Folder B.LibPkg.
All projects that are created will be added to the Projects panel, with the first created becoming the focused project.
- The Design Workspace is created first and saved to the hard disk in the top-level folder (defined by the search path). Each project is then created and saved in the folder above that in which the relevant document(s) reside. The relevant documents are then added to each of the projects.
- Even though a new Design Workspace is being opened, all currently open projects will remain open as part of that new Design Workspace.