The design process generates droves of data. This data has an expiration date well beyond the end of the design phase. Your data literally forms the blueprints for your products, so long term and secure storage are vital to your organization. But just throwing the data on the network drive and running some backups is a wasted opportunity. How do you see into the history of your designs and how do you ensure they contribute in the future?
Storing Your Design Data
You’re creating lots of data with every design project. Designers have a lot on their plate already so they need an easy way to store all this data. The easiest way to do it is simply to throw it on a network drive, but that lacks the structure and reliability required in a business environment. You need to store your data in a systematic and controlled way without burdening your designers.
A Secure and Centralized Repository For All Your Design Data
Seamlessly store all your design data in a managed location
- Store all your data in a single location so you always know where the latest version is.
Learn More about Data Management in the Altium Vault
- Managers have the ability to control how design data is stored to ensure company policies are followed.
Learn More about Managed Projects in the Altium Vault
- Be prepared in the event of a disaster keeping your precious data safe.
Learn More about Backup & Recovery of the Altium Vault
Improving Your Design Data
Your data is living. It’s always changing and always evolving. You need to understand what has changed and how it has changed. You need to understand who made these changes and why. Throughout the life of your designs, the entire design as well as its individual pieces will pass through many approval and development stages. Even after release, the life of your design continues as parts become unavailable for future manufacturing runs. Simply saving your design data in its current form does not provide the level of detail necessary to be successful through the entire life of the project.
Augment Your Design Data With Data About Your Designs
Understand what your data means for your design projects
- Automatically track changes to your designs including who, what, where, when and why.
Learn More about Version Control
- Ensure only approved designs get released, and track their status after release.
Learn More about Lifecycle Management
- Search your entire database of designs to find where a given component is being used.
Learn More about Where-Used
Putting Your Design Data To Work
Putting your design data to work for you is what makes it so valuable. By reusing existing verified circuitry, you know it’s going to function correctly, and you can get work done faster. The same is true for component models. By building and sharing component libraries, you can do the job once and use the result over and over again. Or at least that’s how the theory goes. How do you support all of this design reuse without creating more work for designers trying to make everything go smoothly?
Save time and money designing while reducing the potential for errors
- Share component libraries with your entire design team for maximum efficiency when designing.
Learn More about Component Management in the Altium Vault
- Reuse snippets, sections or an entire design to ensure you’re working smart, not taking risky shortcuts.
Learn More about Design Reuse