The website www.altium.com (“Website”) is hosted by Altium LLC (“Altium”).
Cookies are small text files containing letters and numbers that are sent by a webserver (such as the www.altium.com webserver) to your computer, smartphone, tablet or any other device with internet access which you use in order to visit our Website (“Device”). Once a cookie is stored on your Device, the Website server may be able to recognise the Device you use.
“Web Beacons” are small graphic data (also known as ‘Pixel Tags’ or ‘Clear GIFs’), which can be included on our Website and newsletters and are usually used in combination with cookies to identify users and user behavior.
Altium uses different types of cookies on the Website. These cookies serve different purposes. According to their purpose, cookies may generally be assigned to one of the following categories:
- “Functional Cookies”, i.e. cookies that enable you to move around our Website and use its features, record information about choices that you have made, and tailor the Website to your needs. Without these cookies, we will not be able to provide certain features, such as remembering details you entered and saving your preferred language; and
- “Analytical Cookies”, i.e. analytics/statistical cookies that help to improve the performance of our Website, and to provide a better user experience. Via Analytical Cookies, we obtain information about the quality and/or effectiveness of our services. It helps us to understand how our visitors use our Website, which enables us to improve how we present our content to you.
- “Targeting Related Cookies”, i.e. cookies to deliver content, including marketing, relevant to your interests based upon your use of our Website and based on how you interact with our marketing content.
No. The cookies used by Altium are both first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
First-party cookies are cookies from Altium, serving our purposes, including but not limited to the provision of the booking system on our Website, interactive information, and statistics purposes.
Third-party cookies, on the other hand, are set by third-party suppliers under a domain different from the domain of our Website. These third-party cookies enable analyses across websites.
Whether and for how long cookies remain stored on a Device mainly depends on whether the cookie set is a Persistent Cookie or a Session Cookie. “Session Cookies” are cookies that remain stored on your Device only until you close the browser. By contrast, “Persistent Cookies” will remain stored on your Device until they expire or are deleted by you (e.g. by deleting your browsing history or by your targeted deletion of the cookies via your browser settings). For the duration of storage of the particular cookies, please see the Cookie Table below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies will be set by us on your Device without us explicitly asking for your consent. The types of such cookies can be seen in the Cookie Table below. If you do not accept the use of Strictly Necessary Cookies, please disable cookies or refrain from visiting our Website.
In addition to the Strictly Necessary Cookies, we will set cookies on your Device only, if you have given your prior consent. Such cookies are Functional Cookies, Analytical Cookies and Targeting Related Cookies. The exact types of such cookies can be seen in the Cookie Table below.
You are free to withdraw your consent at any time, for example by deleting the cookies or by changing your preferences in Cookies Settings. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the contents of the Website; however, in this case you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
In addition, you may configure the settings of your browser / your Device used to browse the Website to enable, disable or delete cookies. Detailed instructions on how to configure your browser have been published by the browsers’ developers, and can be found here:
- Internet Explorer;
- Chrome; Chrome for iOS; Chrome for Android;
- Firefox; Firefox for iOS; Firefox for Android;
- Safari for macOS; Safari for iOS;
The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the relevant setting in your browser; however, we would like to point out that if you do this you may not be able to avail of the full functionality of this website. There are a number of ways of preventing the storage of cookies:
- You may set an opt-out cookie that will instruct Google not to store or use your information for the purpose of web analysis. Please note that with this option, there will be no website analysis for as long as the opt-out cookie is stored in your browser. If you wish, you may set an opt-out cookie by clicking here.
- You may prevent the storage of the cookies required to create a profile by selecting the relevant setting in your browser.
- Depending on the browser you are using, you may install a browser add-on that will prevent tracking. Just click here and install the downloadable browser add-on.