Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to add a new component to the current PCB Library document.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Library Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » New Blank Component command, from the main menus.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Tools » New Blank Component command, from the context menu.
- Right-clicking in the Components region of the PCB panel, and choosing New Blank Component from the context menu.
After launching the command, a new component will be added to the active PCB Library document, and made the active component in the main design window. You can then proceed to place design primitives to create the 2D footprint for the component, and also add 3D body information as required, to define the 2D/3D component model that fully represents the component in the PCB domain.
- To create a new component footprint within the current PCB Library document, in a semi-automated way, use the PCB Component Wizard.
- If your components are required to be IPC-compliant, you can use the IPC Compliant Footprint Wizard, or IPC Compliant Footprints Batch Generator commands.