Applied Parameters: Index=n (where n = 0-9)
This command is used to store the current location of the text cursor on the current document, into the chosen location marker. This can save you from having to scroll through pages of text to get back to a specific location, and is particularly useful when developing and debugging scripts.
- Right-click and choose Toggle Bookmarks » Set Location Mark n from the context menu.
- Use the Shift+Ctrl+n keyboard shortcut.
Simply position the cursor at the desired location and launch the command. The location will be stored in the chosen location marker and a corresponding entry will appear in the left margin area - for example for Location Marker 1. This acts as a reminder as to the line in which the marker has been set.
- The stored location is only available while the document remains open (active or not). If the document is closed and opened again, the location marker will be empty.
- A new location assigned to the location marker will overwrite a previously defined location.
- Use the corresponding Jump Location Mark command to quickly jump to a stored cursor location.