Applied Parameters: ObjectKind=Components
This command is used to add multiple new component definitions to the active Component Library document. In concert with multi-cell editing support, and copy/paste features, you can quickly build an impressive array of component definitions in quick time.
This command can be accessed from the Component Library Editor, when configured in Batch Editor mode, by:
- Choosing the Edit » Operations » Add Components command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking anywhere within the lower grid region, and choosing the Operations » Add Components command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Add Components dialog will appear. Enter the number of components you wish to add and click OK - new component definitions for the specified number of components will be added to the component definitions grid, at the bottom of the current list of component definitions.
- Be advised that entering too large a number in the Add Components dialog can have an impact on performance, and may 'tie' the software for a considerable time while the request is processed.
- The new component definitions' FolderPath and Item ID will adhere to defined options for the Default Folder and Component Naming, specified for the Component Library document through the Document Options dialog. If the Component Library document references a Component Template, these settings will come from that template (if defined).
- The software will automatically assign the next available unique ID, based on the Component Naming scheme applied, having scanned the entire server and identifiers of existing Items.
- The component definitions will contain any default values for parameters defined in any referenced component template.