Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to access the Explorer panel loaded with the revision of the Component Item currently selected in the Libraries panel.
While browsing a 'Vault Library' in the Libraries panel, this command is accessed by right-clicking within the Components or Model Name region then choosing the Show in Explorer command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Explorer panel will open, presenting the revision of the Component Item currently focused in the Libraries panel. From the Explorer panel, you can:
- Switch to the Preview aspect view to access the server-based domain models (typically a Symbol Item and Footprint Item) referenced by that Component Item-Revision.
- Switch to the Supply Chain aspect view to access defined real-world part choices, showing part solutions, pricing and availability.
- Switch to the Lifecycle aspect view to interrogate where the component is at in terms of its useful (and authorized) life.
- Switch to the Where-Used aspect view to interrogate where that Component Item-Revision has been used (e.g., in Managed Sheets, or in released design projects), across all servers to which you are currently connected.
- A 'Vault Library' is not a library in the typical sense, rather it is a named collection of Vault folders containing the Component Items that you want to have access to through the Libraries panel.