Applied Parameters: None
This command allows you to quickly find specific text, or partial text, in accordance with defined search options.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor and the Schematic Library Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Find Text command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the Find Text dialog will appear. Use this dialog to specify the existing text to find, along with scoping and additional options. Once ready, click OK. All matching text will appear listed in the Messages panel. In addition, if the Jump to Results option was enabled in the Find Text dialog, the Find Text - Jump dialog will be displayed and the first occurrence of the text - specified in the Text To Find field of the Find Text dialog - will be located and centered in the design window.
Jump to another resulting occurrence of the searched text by:
- Using the Previous and Next buttons in the Find Text - Jump dialog.
- Using the Find Next command (through its F3 shortcut).
- Cross-probing from a corresponding message entry in the Messages panel.
- The target string can contain the wildcard characters ? (single character) and * (any group of characters).
- You can only search within or across schematic documents or schematic library documents - not a combination of the two document types.
- In the Schematic Library Editor, a Sheet Scope of Current Document will perform a search through all part sheets contained in the document.