3D PCB Design Software
Giving you the ability to design the whole board, not just a flat version of it.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
You no longer have the time to work out the mechanical details of your design by building multiple prototypes. You need to be able to see now, as you work, exactly how your PCB design is going to fit within the system’s enclosure and together with the other hardware. 3D PCB design software will give you the best schematic view of your board to design it right the first time.
As technology increases, available design space usually decreases. Whether for aerospace, IoT, or any other design type, printed circuit boards are getting denser as well as being squeezed into tighter spaces. With compressed design schedules, you no longer have the luxury to design multiple PCB prototypes to check for size and fit, or whether or not the connectors are aligned correctly. You need to be able to use computer aided design to see how your components will fit as you create the board layout. But how do you ensure that your software can give you the necessary views for various environmental concerns or even multi-board system requirements?
View and Check Your Design in 3D
You don’t have time to go in and out of different software tools, you need native 3D display and checking as you design. Some of the reasons to use 3D PCB Design Software include:
- Full 3D display as part of the core PCB design tools for easy design integration and expertise-augmenting tools.
- Full 3D clearance checking gives immediate feedback and enables collaboration and synchronization between 2D and 3D editing modes.
- 3D PCB design checking to enclosures and other MCAD features is another effortless feature of the 3D modeling that Altium Designer offers.
Being able to rotate and view your design in real-time gives you a design edge.
Seeing how all of your PCB components fit within a 3D environment is just the beginning. Being able to make adjustments in your 2D display and easily switch to your 3D display to see how they stack-up allows you to consider component placement faster than ever before. You will see in real-time where conflicts are and how to best place parts for smart problem resolution. How does visualizing errors and marking clear faults within a pcb layout speed up your design process?
Fully Functional 3D Design Environment
You don’t have to leave the 3D view of your design to make changes, you can place and route your PCB in 3D.
- The 3D design environment is a core part of Altium’s high performance design solution enabling designers to visualize clearly every step of their design.
- Design with confidence with a proven 3D design engine which has the operational strength to flicker between 2D and 3D engines with speed and without fail.
- Work with all aspects of your design, from PCB to MCAD, in 3D for an easy translation to prototyping, manufacturing, assembly, production, and beyond.
Even simulations and analysis software are implemented with easy-to-understand visuals in mind.
No more downloading fourteen tools and simulators to get the job you need completed. Altium Designer gives you the ability to switch between the normal 2D environment to being able to view and work within a 3D environment. No longer will you have to rely on external mechanical CAD systems to verify your physical design, you can do it all from within Altium Designer. How many tools are you currently using outside of your PCB design software?
Intuitive Design Software Allows You to Get the Job Done Quickly
Altium Designer 18’s intuitive user interface allows you to efficiently work within a 3D environment without the need to switch to other CAD applications.
- Altium Designer 18’s user interface has been enhanced with you the user in mind, knowing that one of the most tedious parts of the design process is the transition between tools.
- Altium Designer 18 provides you with a high performance design solution for all demands that a designer may have from their software.
- Downloading 3D Design Software with the advantages of 3D in ECAD-MCAD integration will keep your design on track and in constant-communication with anyone involved in the design.
3D designing not only enables you to view your design in real-time, but also helps you to better visualize your next design steps and how one board may fit with another. If you’re looking to visualize your designs better, and to understand exactly where and how your components fit within your designs, take the step to move into Altium’s strong 3D PCB design software.