For the Best in PCB Design, Try This Free CAD Software Trial
Taking an in-depth look at the best PCB design tools is easy with this free CAD software trial of Altium Designer.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
Altium Designer is one of the most well-known and respected PCB design tools in the business. You may have heard of its capabilities and how it has revolutionized the PCB design industry, and you wanted to find out more. We are pleased to tell you that you’ve come to the right place because here is where you can find out what Altium Designer can do for you. And the best news of all is that you can test all of this out yourself with a free CAD modeling software trial of Altium Designer. So read on, the next few minutes could change how you get your design work done in ways that you’ve never considered possible before.
The tools in Altium Designer are some of the best in the industry because they are built on a core foundation of power and stability. To give you the best graphics and the fastest system responses, Altium Designer is based on a 64-bit multithreading architecture. You also have the benefit of over 30 years of research and development behind the development of Altium Designer resulting in the latest and most intuitive user interface around. Another key component is that all the tools within Altium Designer are based on a unified design environment. This cuts out the “middle-man” so to speak when different tools such as schematic and layout are talking to each other. Instead of using different translators and interfaces, the tools in Altium Designer have been created to work together with each other for the most efficient tool workflow in the industry. Power, speed, ease-of-use, and data efficiency, Altium has all of your needs covered in one set of PCB design tools; Altium Designer.
Powerful CAD Drafting Software Frees You of Worry
With Altium Designer your worries are over, you will be free to create your designs the way you want to instead of trying to get around the limitations of outdated systems. Do your CAD programs have the strength you need?
- Altium Designer has the power to create your computer-aided designs without waiting for the system to catch up to you.
- Altium Designer has been engineered with years of user experience behind it to give you the most intuitive user interface in the industry.
- With Altium Designer, the data is designed to be accessed by all of its tools within the same unified design environment giving you the most efficient design system around.
With its unified design environment, Altium Designer can handle all aspects of your design
PCB design involves three basic functions: schematic capture, circuit board layout, and manufacturing outputs. Altium Designer not only comes equipped with those basic functions, but those functions are at a world-class level. Creating a schematic in Altium Designer is easy thanks to its intuitive schematic capture software. You will be able to connect circuitry with a wide variety of utilities including the ability to create hierarchical schematics. From there you will smoothly transition into circuit board layout with cutting-edge place-and-route tools based on a system of rules to guide your design. You can complete your drawing design using automated drawing tools that allow you to create your manufacturing drawings quickly and with precision.
World Class Design Tools for Schematic, Layout, and Final Outputs
You need to design the best PCB that you possibly can, and to do that you need the most powerful schematic and layout tools that you can get in Altium Designer. Have you made sure that each phase of your board designing is interactive and intuitive?
- Altium Designer’s schematic capture tool is equally at home with the smallest one sheet design to the largest multi-sheet hierarchical schematic.
- PCB layout in Altium Designer is governed by an extensive set of constraints and rules that you control to get the layout you need without design errors.
- With the powerful automated drawing tools available in Altium Designer, you will be able to create superior drawings quickly and efficiently.
Altium Designer’s Draftsman will help you to automate the creation of manufacturing drawings
Some PCB design systems force you into buying additional modules after your initial purchase for functions beyond basic schematic and layout. Altium Designer is different. Every tool that you’ll need for designing is available, and don’t forget all the icing on the cake. Take component organization for instance. If your job flow currently has you waiting for other departments to do your part research for you, Active BOM in Altium Designer will allow you to make intelligent part choices as you design the schematic. Are you used to waiting for mechanical engineering to give you feedback on your design so that you know if your part placement has clearance? Use the ability to pull in 3D mechanical data so that you can check your parts placement yourself while you work. You are also going to be amazed at the user-guided automated routing system giving you manual looking trace routing at auto-routed speeds.
Altium Designer Goes Above and Beyond to Help You Get the Job Done Right
With the different library, verification, analysis, routing, and output functionality, there’s no need to continue shopping once Altium Designer is on the job. When’s the last time you had access to tools that you wanted instead of needed?
- Access component information from trusted part vendors with the cloud connection within Altium Designer’s Active BOM, and place those parts directly in your schematic.
- There’s no reason to wait for someone else to check your work, pull in the 3D mechanical data for your board and use it in Altium’s 3D environment to check your own parts placement.
- You don’t need to spend time manually routing busses to get that precision trace routed look, Altium Designer’s Active Route will do the same job for you in a fraction of the time.
To design the best you need the best PCB design tools that you can get, and you don’t need to look any further than Altium Designer. Take a look at Altium Designer today with a free CAD open-source software trial.