Best Software for Evolving Design Needs
For the best design results, make sure that you are relying on the best design software.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use PCB design tool for professional use.
Your technologies and creativity are keeping PCB design gaining in complexity and utility values. Simple hobby projects, previously limited by price and design expertise, are growing in detail as softwares become more interactive and user-friendly. Whether it be LED displays or multilayer arrays, multi-board projects or size and power constricted designs, the free PCB design solutions that you may have relied on for years no longer give you the results or the speed that you need. It is time for you to look beyond the freeware and into the best PCB design software you can get.
For years PCB designers have been content to work with free PCB design software. They were able to get their designs done and easily move on to the next project. The level of technology that designers are required to design has too many demands for a free software to handle: rigid-flex materials, power distribution for small, high-power boards, and all this while ensuring your design keeps manufacturing in mind. What should you be looking for when you move from a free software platform to a fully functional PCB design CAD system?
High Performance Multi-Tool CAD Tools in a Unified Design Environment
You shouldn’t have to support multiple CAD platforms in order to get your work done, instead, you can create all of your designs from the same unified design environment.
To effectively design PCB layouts, you need:
- a fully functional high performance CAD software system that can handle any design technology that you may be working on.
Learn More about Altium Designer’s high performance design solution.
- a CAD software system that offers all of its tools within a unified design environment so that you don’t have to constantly move from CAD system to CAD system.
Learn More about working within a unified design environment.
- a CAD software tool that is fully supported so that you have resources to turn to for questions, training, or “how-to” examples for common design procedures.
Learn More about the different support options that are available.
The Altium unified design environment makes adapting your design tasks easy.
The core of a PCB design software system is the layout software. You may have had success over the years with free software, but you probably had to deal with restricted pin counts, nets, and functionality. Restrictions like these have traditionally forced designers to design to the level of their software instead of at the level that allows them to create the best designs. What features should you be looking for in the best layout software to help you with your designs?
Intuitive and Powerful Layout Software that Gets the Job Done
Altium Designer 18 brings the power of high performance with many new enhancements to your PCB designs.
- Full 3D design environment as part of the core layout functionality of the tools giving you the best perspective on your design.
Learn More about full 3D design.
- Auto-interactive routing with Active Route will give you hand-routed looking results at auto routing speeds.
Learn More about Active Route.
- A full set of DRC’s, design constraints, and a visual power delivery network analyzer so that your design gets completed the way that you want it to be done.
Learn More about PDN Analysis.
So long as your brain can handle it, Altium can split as much as your attentions need.
Once you’ve completed your PCB design, you now need to get your circuit boards built. To do that you need to create manufacturing files and drawings. In the past, you may have been restricted in what kind of output files that you could generate, but with the best PCB CAD software you now a horde of options. What are some of the output functionalities that you will need in your PCB CAD software?
Complete and Comprehensive Tools for Your Entire Design
Altium Designer 18’s full suite of tools will give you the ability to complete all aspects of your design without the need to go out to third party tools.
- Create detailed manufacturing drawings quickly and efficiently with Altium Designer 18’s Draftsman.
Learn More about creating drawings in Altium Designer.
- Bill of materials are no longer a simple report, with Active BOM you have the ability to manage your PCB components and interface from the BOM into the rest of your unified design environment.
Learn More about managing your bill of materials with Active BOM.
- All of your output files can be managed from a single job file in Altium Designer.
Learn More about controlling all your outputs with a single job file.
Whether you’re dissatisfied with your current software’s performance, or you’re looking to make a move from a smaller platform to a more integral and advanced system, Altium’s PCB design software is sure to make your engineering life easy and keep your designs running smoothly from thought to production.