Applied Parameters: None
This command presents the name of the server to which you are currently signed in, and its URL. The server (or managed content server) is an entity in which all your managed content (unified components, managed projects, managed schematic sheets) is stored. Using the command provides access to browse the content of that server through the Explorer panel.
This command is accessed by clicking the current user button (e.g. ), at the top-right of the main application window, and choosing the entry for the server from the sub-menu that is presented.
After launching the command, the Explorer panel will be opened (or made active if already visible), presenting the content of the server to which you are currently signed in.
The Explorer panel provides the direct interface to your managed content server. From this panel you can perform many activities, including:
- Creating and managing the organizational structure used in the server.
- Creating any number of Items, each representative of a design object.
- Direct editing and placement of Item Revisions.
- Reviewing and managing the lifecycle of Item revisions.
- Interrogating the usage of a particular Item revision (Where-Used).
- Browsing and managing supply chain information for Component Items.
- Downloading stored data, including data generated through the managed release of board design projects.
The Explorer panel becomes your trusty right-hand, presenting a collection of features that can really enhance your productivity when working with your managed content server through Altium Designer.
- While the majority of your day-to-day working with a managed content server will be through the Explorer panel, there will also be occasion when you need to interact with the server through its browser interface - especially for administrative purposes.