Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to measure distances between 3D bodies in the active Multi-board Assembly document (*.MbaDoc).
This command can be accessed from the Multi-board Assembly Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » Measure Distance command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, you will enter measurement mode. Measurement is performed as follows:
- Choose the first 3D object, or specific face of that object. As you move the cursor over a potential 3D object, the color of that object will change color. If you want to select a specific face of the object, hold the Ctrl key as you move the cursor - the face currently under the cursor will be highlighted. With the cursor in place, click to confirm object/face selection.
- Choose the second 3D object, or specific face of that object.
- The tool visually presents the shortest distance between the two chosen objects (faces).
- Continue measuring the distance between other objects/faces, or press Esc to exit measurement mode.
- All measurement results during the active measuring session are presented in the Messages panel. You can double-click on an entry to cross probe to that measurement within the workspace.
- Once you end the measuring session, all visual measurements will be cleared, along with all measurement entries in the Messages panel.
- When passing the cursor over a 3D body (or face thereof), the color will change to that specified for the Highlight Under Cursor system color, in the System Colors section of the View Configuration panel.