Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to align layers in the current document, based on chosen layer objects.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Layers » Align Selective command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+L keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that only the layers you wish to work with are enabled. This can be achieved using either the Layers Table dialog (Tables » Layers), or the layers section in the CAMtastic panel.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter alignment mode. Alignment is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- You will be prompted to select a base object. This is an object on the target layer that you wish to align another layer with. Simply position the cursor over an object on this target layer and click.
- You will then be prompted to choose an object on the layer you wish to align to this target layer. Again, simply position the cursor over the required object and click. The chosen layer will be moved into alignment with the target layer - the layer will be moved so that the chosen object is centered on the base object.
- Continue to align other layers by selected objects, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit alignment mode.
- The layer on which you choose the base object (i.e. the target layer) will become the current layer after the alignment has been effected.