Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to select design objects within a user-defined area. The objects do not have to be wholly inside the defined boundaries of the area.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Selection » Crossing Window command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Miscellaneous Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Using the Alt+C keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a crosshair and you will be prompted to select the first corner of the selection area. Position the cursor and click to anchor this corner. You will then be prompted to select the second corner. Move the cursor to size the selection area and click to anchor this corner. All objects that fall completely, or partially inside this defined area, will become selected.
- You must be in editing mode (carrying out an editing operation), before this command will become available.
- Objects will only be selected if the Add selection mode is enabled.
- Using this command on an existing selection, and with the Remove selection mode enabled, will cause all objects in the defined area to become deselected.
- The objects added/removed will depend on the selection modes enabled - Flash/Point and/or Draws.