The Release preferences dialog is accessed from the Preferences dialog by clicking Save to server from the Save button drop-down menu. In the Choose Item dialog (this is a trimmed-down version of the Explorer panel), choose the next planned revision of an existing Designer Preferences Item, or create a new Designer Preferences Item (and initial planned revision). After choosing the required target Item Revision, click OK. The Edit Revision dialog will open in which you can change the Name and Description, and add release notes as required then click OK. This dialog is used to manage the way in which the range of Altium Designer Preferences are released to the targeted revision of the Designer Preferences Item.
- Options Page - use the collapsed arrows to select the desired page. Click on the desired page to select.
- Apply Mode - displays the mode to which each preference option will be applied to Altium Designer for each Options Page.
- Apply - use the drop-down to select the desired application mode:
- Apply and Lock – the Preferences group will be loaded in Altium Designer as read-only (not editable) options.
- Apply First Time – the Preferences group will be loaded in Altium Designer as initial settings that can be edited.
- Do Not Apply – the Preferences group will not be loaded in Altium Designer, allowing the existing settings to remain.
- Import - select to import the current settings.
- Skip - select to skip the importing of the current settings.