Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a default Parameter Set object onto the active document. A Parameter Set is a design directive. It is essentially a container for one or more parameters, which can be associated to a net object within a schematic design.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Directives » Parameter Set command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Parameter Set command () on the Active Bar.
- Right-clicking in the main design workspace and choosing the Place » Directives » Parameter Set command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter design directive placement mode.
- Position the cursor over a wire or other net object and click, or press Enter, to effect placement.
- Continue placing further directives or right-click, or press Esc, to exit placement mode.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement – while the parameter set is still floating on the cursor – are:
- Press the Tab key to access the Properties panel, from where properties for the parameter set can be changed on-the-fly.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on the initial direction of movement.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the parameter set counterclockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in steps of 90°.
- A default Parameter Set directive is devoid of parameters. Once placed, add the relevant parameter(s) to it through the Rules section of the Properties panel.
- To use a default parameter set directive as a net class directive, the ClassName parameter must be defined. This is performed on the Properties panel, using the Class Name field (part of the Properties section). Simply edit this field's value to define the name for the net class.
- While attributes can be modified during placement (Tab to bring up the Properties panel), bear in mind that these will become the default settings for further placement unless the Permanent option on the Schematic - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog is enabled. When this option is enabled, changes made will affect only the object being placed and subsequent objects placed during the same placement session.