Applied Parameters: RepositionSelected=True
This command is used to reposition a number of selected components sequentially in the order that you selected them.
This command is accessed from the PCB Editor by using the Tools » Component Placement » Reposition Selected Components command from the main menus.
First, ensure that all components to be repositioned are selected in the design workspace. Since the command works sequentially, select components progressively using the Shift+click selection approach.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair with the first selected component attached to it. Proceed with repositioning as follows:
- Position the first component at the required new location in the workspace then click or press Enter to effect placement.
- Reposition each subsequent component in the selection as required by clicking or pressing Enter to effect placement each time.
- Once all components in the original selection have been repositioned, you will exit placement mode. All components will remain selected.
Additional actions that can be performed during placement while a component is still floating on the cursor are:
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis depending on the initial direction of movement.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the component counterclockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in accordance with the value for the Rotation Step as defined on the PCB Editor – General page of the Preferences dialog.
- Press the L key to flip the component to the other side of the board.
- Press the X or Y keys to mirror the component along the X-axis or Y-axis, respectively (on the same side of the board).
- Right-click or press Esc to exit placement mode at any time. The current component on the cursor and all subsequent components in the sequence will retain their original positions on the board.
- The ability to reposition a component in this way can also be enabled as part of the Cross Select feature. Enable the Reposition selected component in PCB option in the Cross Select Mode region of the System - Navigation page of the Preferences dialog. Then, with Cross Selection enabled, selecting a component on the schematic will select that component on the PCB and attach it to the cursor ready to be relocated.