Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to measure and display the distance between any two points in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Analysis » Measure » Point to Point command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the CAMtastic Standard toolbar.
- Using the Shift+M keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that the CAMtastic panel is visible.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small cross, and you will enter measurement mode. Measurement involves the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the location where you wish to start measuring from, and click.
- Move the cursor to the end point and click again - as you move, a guide line will stretch from the start point to help you.
- Measurement information will appear on the Info tab of the CAMtastic panel, reporting the point-to-point distance measured, the coordinates of the start and end points, the X and Y distances, and the angle created from the horizontal.
- Continue measuring the distance between other points, or press Esc to exit measurement mode.
- All measurement information uses the current units for the workspace - either inches or millimeters. Units can be changed either from the CAMtastic panel, or the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog.