Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to obtain information with respect to a single selected object in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Analysis » Query » Object command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the CAMtastic Standard toolbar.
- Using the Q keyboard shortcut.
First, ensure that the CAMtastic panel is visible.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a pointing hand and you will enter object query mode. Simply position the cursor above the object that you wish to query, and click. Information relating to that object will appear on the Info tab of the CAMtastic panel. Information presented will vary depending on the type of object being queried and can include: Layer, Dcode related information, and object type.
Continue interrogating further objects, or press Esc to exit query mode.
- All measurement information uses the current units for the workspace - either inches or millimeters. Units can be changed either from the CAMtastic panel, or the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog.
- When multiple layers are displayed, objects from different layers often overlap. Click repeatedly over such objects to cycle through each object, on each of the different layers involved. The information in the CAMtastic panel will update accordingly.