Autoroute PCB Traces with Manual Route Looking Success
To shorten your printed circuit board design schedules, you need to be able to autoroute PCB traces with results that are up to the quality of precision manually routed traces.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use PCB design tool for professional use.
As a PCB designer, you’ve worked with an auto router before. You know the value of being able to complete the routing on your board much faster than what you could do when manually routing it. You also know though that auto routers typically produce results that are less than ideal. There may be traces that are routed illogically, bus patterns that are scrambled, and the final routed results may require so much clean up that it would have been better to manually route it all in the first place. You want the speed of the auto router, but you need professional looking route results too. Now you can have both with Altium’s Active Route, an advanced user-guided router that automates the process but gives you the control.
Unlike older auto routers which operated in their own environment and required their own setup, Altium’s Active Route is part of the complete Altium Designer circuit-building software system. Instead of spending valuable time with complex router setups and data transfers, you simply engage Active Route and it will use the PCB design constraints that you already have set up. As part of Altium’s unified design environment, Active Route shares the same data and rules as the rest of the design. From schematic to router, a design created in Altium Designer benefits from the robust simplicity of all the tools operating within the same environment.
An Automated Router Driven by Your Design Rules and Constraints
Altium Designer features a unified design environment. All the tools you need are contained within the same system and the design rules and constraints that you initially set up will drive Active Route too. What tools help you get to your routing with the least frustration?
- Before your design ever gets to the router it starts as a schematic. Altium’s schematic editor makes the front-end of your design a joy to work with.
Learn More about Altium’s powerful front-end solution for schematic editing.
- There’s no need to create an additional set of design rules and constraints for Active Route as it uses the same rules that you’ve already set up for your PCB design.
Learn More about Altium Designer’s rules-driven design.
- All of Altium Designer’s tools, including Active Route, operate in the same unified design environment making your job easier with an intuitive design workflow.
Learn More about Altium’s unified design environment and how it will help you.
Active Route uses the same rules and constraints that you set up in the PCB layout session
You will be amazed at how quickly you will become proficient at using Active Route and you will find that it is a pleasure to work with compared to the complexity of other CAD software for PCB design. This is because Altium’s engineers have continually enhanced and improved Altium Designer’s user-interface based on feedback from users you like. The results are an intuitive router that invites you to work at your best without cumbersome menus and commands to get in your way. You will find this same approach to all of the tools within Altium Designer. Altium’s commitment is to continually enhance and simplify your entire design work-flow to increase your productivity.
An Easy to Operate Autorouter Frees Your Time for Design
You don’t have time to for confusing software and Altium agrees with you, Active Route is designed to get you the best design results quickly with its intuitive functionality. What are your PCB routing necessities?
- Active Route is quick to learn and easy to use, see how you can become an instant success using this router.
Learn More about how you will be a success using Active Route.
- With input from the user community, take a look at the improvements that have been made to Altium Designer’s interface to increase your productivity.
Learn More about Altium Designer’s up-to-date and enhanced user interface.
- Designing a circuit board includes much more than just the routing, and Altium is committed to providing you with the best solutions for all of your design needs.
Learn More about Altium’s powerful workflow solution for your entire design.
Active Route is quick to learn and easy to use
With the ability to guide the path of the routing, Active Route resolves one of the major complaints of auto routers; that they won’t route the way that you want them to route. Active Route allows you to draw a guide path for the routed traces to follow. This will help to organize your bus routing as well as to direct routing away from areas that you are reserving for other purposes. Once you have completed the routing though, Altium still has much more to offer you. Altium Designer gives you the ability to import mechanical data so that you can visually verify that the system enclosure and other mechanical constraints will fit the way that you expect them to. Altium Designer also provides an analyzer to check your power delivery network so that you can verify the power routing of your circuit board.
Powerful Technology Gives You the Ability to Guide the Autoroute on Your PCB
Active Route’s advanced routing technology keeps the flow of the routing in your hands instead of making those decisions for you. Have you considered the advantages of a strong autorouter on your design workflow?
- Active Route enables you to direct the router with a guide path so that the routing pattern follows the direction that you want it to go.
Learn More about user-guided auto routing with Active Route.
- There’s more to your board design than routing, look how Altium is helping you with the entire design by importing your system enclosures and mechanical constraints for verification.
Learn More about real-world design with Altium’s ECAD and MCAD collaboration.
- Once Active Route has completed its routing work, check to make sure that your power is also routed correctly with Altium’s power delivery network analysis tool.
Learn More about Altium’s power routing solution with the PDN Analyzer.
Altium Designer’s Active Route is a compelling alternative to expensive, complex, and difficult to use third-party auto routers. Reduce your workload and your stress and start increasing your productivity by putting Active Route to work for you today.