Printed Circuit Board Layout Design Software
The Most Powerful and Complete PCB Layout Software to Get the Design Done
When yesterday’s tools are no longer getting the job done, get back on the road of productive design today with the most powerful and complete PCB design layout software from Altium.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use PCB design tool for professional use.
PCB designers are often faced with a difficult task; to deliver high-quality designs on-time with out-of-date and incomplete design software. Does this sound like what you have to deal with? If it does then you should take a look at the leading edge design technology from Altium. No longer will you be manipulating a mixed-tool design system trying to get it to talk to each other. Instead, the library components that you start the design will be part of the same system structure as the final outputs that you deliver to your manufacturer. You will also be working with a design system that is built from the ground up to provide you with the power you need for tasks such as routing and design verification. Altium also knows that your design isn’t complete until you deliver it to the manufacturer. With that in mind, Altium Designer comes complete with powerful tools to help you create your manufacturing documentation all with the same intuitive user interface that you have used from the very start of your design. Altium Designer is tomorrow’s technology ready to go to work for you today.
Trace routing is a cornerstone of PCB design tools layout, and no job is complete without connecting everything up. But trace routing can also be a problem with outdated routing functionality and design systems that lack the power necessary for today’s complex designs. Altium Designer has these problems covered so that you can finish your trace routing ahead of schedule.
Based on a 64-bit architecture with multi-threading, there is plenty of horsepower under the hood to make sure that your routing, verification, and graphical needs are provided for. In addition to the regular manual and auto-routing routines that you would expect, Altium Designer is also equipped with Active Route, a user-guided auto-router that produces trace routing with manual-like precision.
There’s more to routing then just the signal traces, your printed circuit board needs to have a well laid out power delivery network as well. Altium Designer has this covered with a PDN analyzer that you can invoke from within the layout so that you can see exactly what needs to be done to create an optimum power system for your design. All of your routing needs are more than covered with Altium Designer.
Powerful Functionality to Get Your PCB Routed Quickly and Precisely
You can depend on Altium Designer’s powerful routing tools to get your board completely routed with precise results.
- Altium Designer 18 has been created as a 64-bit system to give you the maximum power for all of your design needs.
- Altium Designer gives you the latest technology in routing with Active Route, a user-guided auto-router that will give you precision routing results at auto-routed speeds.
- Instead of waiting to debug your PCB’s power delivery network during the prototype builds, get an immediate visual analysis of your PDN while you are laying out the board.
Altium Designer’s Active Route
A lot of design tools boast of their capabilities, but Altium Designer actually delivers what it promises. Altium also knows that once you are finished with the design there’s still more work to be done, and once again Altium delivers. Have you had trouble before synchronizing multiple system boards? Altium has an answer for this with their multi-board assembly functionality.
With Altium Designer, you can bring in multiple boards to manage their fit and connectivity with each other. Do you find yourself wasting a lot of time recreating the same drawing pieces over and over again with each design? Again, Altium has you covered with Draftsman, a tool that allows you to automate the creation of your manufacturing drawings.
All of this functionality in all of these tools in the same unified design environment may sound complex, but Altium has re-engineered the entire Altium Designer platform with an enhanced user interface to make your job easier.
Finish the Job Ahead of Schedule with Tools that are Designed to Enhance Your Productivity
Altium Designer gives you the automated drawing creation tools that you need to complete your design without confusion.
- Altium Designer gives you the ability to bring all your system boards into a single design session in order to check them to each other for the correct fit and connectivity.
- Creating good reliable manufacturing drawings takes time, but with Altium Designer you can automate the creation of these drawings allowing you to focus more time on the design.
- To reduce your workload, Altium Designer has been updated and enhanced with an intuitive user interface that will increase your efficiency when working with the tools.
Create manufacturing drawings with Altium Designer’s Draftsman
Having to mix tools together from different environments has always been the bottleneck in PCB design. Schematic symbols would contain one set of information while layout footprints would contain another. Trying to synchronize all of this data was a nightmare. This is no longer a problem with Altium Designer.
All the tools within Altium Designer are based on the same unified data model. This means that as you develop your library parts, all the data that you need for the schematic, simulation, 2D layout, and 3D verification will be built into the component. Component placement in layout is based on the same parts that you gathered into the bill of materials at the beginning of the design and continues with 3D verification in Altium Designer to your mechanical constraints.
PCB Layout Tools Designed to Work With You from Start to Finish
With Altium Designer you can escape the problems of a mixed-tool system and rely on a unified data model to make library preparation for component placement a natural workflow.
- With a cloud connection to you vendors, pull in the complete library data that you need for your design.
- Altium Designer’s unified design environment will eliminate the confusion of trying to mix together data from different systems.
- Do a complete check of your placement by importing mechanical information into Altium Designer’s native 3D engine, and see for yourself where any conflicts might be.
You can’t afford to risk the design project and bet your job on outdated tools that may not get the job done. Take a look at Altium Designer for the most complete, advanced, and powerful tools that you can get for design PCB layout software.