The Best PCB Router Software for Your Complex Designs
Don’t let antiquated Printed Circuit Board routing tools slow down or even derail your design, use the best PCB router software to get the job done correctly and on time.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use free PCB design tool for professional use.
There was a time where PCB designer schedules allocated weeks and weeks for routing. Today’s demanding design schedules no longer offer you a cushion of time to work around PCB design routing tools that aren’t up to the job. You need to get the routing done correctly the first time without your tools dragging you down. You also need a schematic capture system that smoothly synchronizes with your layout tools so that you don’t waste time trying to force two different systems to talk to each other. And finally, when the routing is done, you need a complete design system that will help you to finish the job with full checking and automated drawing creation tools to get you over the finish line ahead of schedule. It’s time to throw out those outdated routing tools that are dragging you down and look towards Altium Designer for the full-featured design tools you need today.
For routing tools to work at their best, they must be based on a powerful platform and Altium Designer is built on such a platform. With over 30 years in the industry researching and creating the best PCB layout design tools, the 64-bit multi-threading architecture that is at the core of Altium Designer sets the pace for all other tools to follow. Within Altium Designer, you will find many different interactive and auto-routing tools at your disposal to help you with whatever design challenge that you are confronted with.
Included in these tools is Active Route, Altium Designer’s premier user-guided auto-routing system that allows you to create precision routing with manual looking results at auto-router speeds. Knowing that the designs you work on today will include high speed rules and constraints, Altium Designer also comes equipped with the xSignals Wizard allowing you to create complex topology rules for routing. When it comes to routing traces on your PCB assembly design, you won’t find anything better than Altium Designer.
The Routing Tools you Need for High Speed Design
Altium Designer provides you with a powerful platform, advanced routing utilities, and the ability to create the high speed routing rules that you need to route with.
- Altium Designer has more than enough power for your most challenging designs with its 64-bit multi-threading system architecture.
- With Altium Designer’s Active Route you will be creating precise manual looking routing results at auto-routing speeds.
- The routing is only as good as the rules that you set up for it, which is why Altium Designer comes with the xSignals Wizard to guide you through the process of setting up your high speed topology rules.
Rules-based design in Altium Designer will help you to successfully route your board
With a great set of schematic and layout tools, you can start your design strong and create a precision Printed circuit board design. There’s still one piece of the overall design puzzle left though, and that is checking the design and creating the final manufacturing files. Fortunately, Altium Designer has this covered for you too.
Altium Designer gives you the ability to import your mechanical design data into the layout session to verify your placement in 3D against your product enclosures and mechanical features. Additionally, Altium Designer also allows you to import other PCB designs into your session so that you can verify all system boards together in 3D to confirm their form, fit, and connectivity. And lastly, Altium Designer also provides you Draftsman, their powerful, automated manufacturing-drawing generator so that you can create those final outputs quickly and accurately.
Easy PCB Layout Software Tools to Finish Your Design Strong
With all the checking and drawing creation tools available in Altium Designer you won’t have to worry about missing an important step when it comes time to finish the design.
- With Altium Designer you don’t need to wait for someone else to verify your board placement, you can import mechanical data and check your placement to mechanical features in 3D.
- While you’re at it, you can also pull in other PCBs into your design session and check all boards at once for form, fit, and connectivity in native 3D.
- No need to worry about being up against the clock, with Altium Designer’s Draftsman you can auto-generate perfect manufacturing drawings quickly.
From start to finish, Altium Designer is the most powerful and efficient PCB design tool available, and if you haven’t looked at it recently do yourself a favor and take a look today. Altium Designer is the PCB software that your company can count on.
Verifying your placement to mechanical features and other PCB designs is a key feature
PCB designers are often frustrated when it comes to the schematic support that they need. Schematic and layout tools can be notorious for not working well together making schematic changes difficult to deal with. Fortunately, this isn’t the case with Altium Designer. Altium Designer’s schematic capture application sets the pace for advanced hierarchical schematic capture systems giving you the complete control over the front end of your design in the same way that it gives you control over the routing. At the heart of all of this is Altium Designer’s unified design environment.
Starting your design in the schematic, the data used is part of the same unified data model that you will be working with for layout, making synchronizing your layout with the schematic a much easier task. Another benefit of the unified design environment is the complete set of comprehensive design rules that accompany your design from start to finish helping you to route and design the board the way that want.
Powerful Schematic Applications to Support All of Your PCB Tools
To get to the routing you first need a good schematic and Altium Designer gives you the schematic capture tools and a rules-based design system built on a unified design environment to get you there.
- Whether your design is a simple single sheet schematic or a large multi-sheet hierarchical design, Altium Designer’s schematic capture application will do the job.
- With Altium Designer’s unified design environment, you can work between the schematic and layout with confidence knowing that they will communicate perfectly with each other.
- Setting global design rules in Altium Designer will help you to keep your design the way you intend it to be.