Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to measure the distance between two points on a schematic document.
This command can be accessed from the Schematic Editor by:
- Choosing the Reports » Measure Distance command from the main menus.
- Using the Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor changes to a cross-hair and you will enter measurement mode. Measurement is performed as follows:
- You are prompted (via the Status Bar) to select the start point for the measurement. Position the cursor then click or press Enter to define this point.
- Move the cursor to the required measurement end point. As you do so, the Status Bar will reflect the straight line distance, as well as dx and dy values. Click or press Enter to define the end point.
- The Information dialog will appear. This lists the straight line distance between the chosen start and end points for the measurement, as well as the component X and Y distances.
- Click OK to close the dialog and return to the workspace. Continue making further measurements, or right-click or press Esc to exit measurement mode.
- Change the Snap Grid (shortcut G) if you cannot accurately position the cursor at the required points.
- Measurements are made in accordance with current units of measurement - mils or mm - as defined through the Properties panel (when no object is currently selected).