As an educator, you’re training students to become the engineers who build the future and find ways to sustain and improve life through technology. Students need to produce professional results from design exercises without sacrificing theoretical learning. Good educators foster a rich learning environment while providing tools for students and researchers to use that help rather than hinder. You need cutting edge tools and technology to be prepared for a new tomorrow.
Build a Consistent Lab Program
When principles of electronics design and analyses are being taught, students need to be able to focus on theory while reinforcing what they are learning through experience. The tool can’t get in the way and must be stress-free and intuitive to use. Built-in simulation and stress-free design capture are key to learning success; you need EDA software that supports student activity without being a barrier.
Get rapid results in circuit analysis and simulation
With all the essential simulation models, our design tools allow users to rapidly build and reuse simulation-ready circuits
- Everything needed to carry a design from concept, through simulation and analysis, to PCB design implementation is linked and synced.
Learn More about Unified Components
- Try different circuit configurations quickly and easily for experimentation, right inside the project schematics.
Learn More about Compile Masks
- Quickly and easily add new SPICE2, SPICE3, SPICE3f5, XSPICE, Digital SimCode, and PSPICE models to any components.
Learn More about Adding SPICE Models to Components
- Simulate different circuit variations and confirm technical analyses with circuit behavior. From Parameter Sweep, DC, Steady State, and more. Vary circuit parameters using simple to complex dependant formulas.
Learn More about Global Parameters and Parametric Hierarchy
Get Designing Fast
Final research and design projects can be exciting, but getting all the design math, modeling, and technical analyses done and documented fully is stressful enough. The last thing you need is to be bogged down with having to learn difficult design software when you’re on a time crunch to get your assignments handed in.
Get design work done without losing project focus
Altium Designer is built from the ground up to speed up the design process and lower barriers to productivity
- Intuitive shortcuts and commands that match common desktop software.
Learn More about the Altium Designer Environment
- Interactive help system that tracks the current operation and provides context sensitive help and shortcut lists.
Learn More about Getting Help
- A plethora of free online videos to show you how to get the most out of the software.
Learn More about the Training Center
Design for the Real World
All the theory in the world doesn’t do any good until it’s applied to real-world problems. Today’s design and engineering students are in this business to solve problems, make the world a better place, and pursue the thrill of creating something new. It makes sense to leverage tools built with the same goal in mind to constantly improve and make things better in electronics design.
Keep pushing the boundaries of technology
A history and tradition of innovation, introducing new technology years ahead of our competition that makes a huge difference to the productivity of our customers, while enabling cutting edge technology to be developed.
- Mechanical and electronic co-design (mechatronics), with Native 3D PCB design and 3D video simulation and outputs.
Learn More about Native 3D
- Flexible circuit and rigid-flex PCB design.
Learn More about Rigid-Flex
- Embedded components and multi-layer complex stackups.
Learn More about Embedded Components and Advanced Layer Stacks